You've helped us build
over 95 new homes in
Montgomery County. Help
keep this number growing!
HabitatMCTX is a volunteer-driven organization. We welcome people from all walks of life to join us as we build affordable houses in partnership with God and families in need. There are many different ways that you can help Habitat for Humanity of Montgomery County, TX by volunteering.
The Family Selection Committee is responsible for following the selection criteria used to select families for approval by the board of directors. The committee is also responsible for:
- Targeting potential homeowners
- Conducting information meetings for potential homeowners
- Developing application forms
- Screening applications
- Interviewing prospective families
- Recommending applicants to the board of directors for approval
The committee provides resources, guidance and education and builds a relationship with each family. The committee specifically works with families on:
- Sweat equity
- Homeownership education
- The closing process
- Adjustment to new responsibilities
- Continued partnership
The primary role is to identify contacts in various churches and to provide “door openers” into as many congregations as possible. A Church Relations team member is responsible for:
- Approaching individuals about involving their churches in Habitat’s work.
- Suggesting partnership possibilities that seem appropriate for the ministry goals of various churches.
- Supporting church leaders with promotional materials, making presentations to churches, answering questions and offering encouragement to church leaders.
Development and Events
The Development Committee is responsible for organizing fundraising efforts. The Events Sub-Committee plans and executes events in support of the Development Committee. Events Sub-Committees duties may include the following:
- Decorations and event logistics
- Live and Silent Auction
- Programming and Entertainment
- Volunteer Coordination
- Publicity and Photography
- Executive Build
- Annual Giving / The Dream Builder Society
Age Requirement: Must be 16 or over
Individuals and groups will be used for any of the following projects:
- Store Organization
- Displays & Aesthetics
- Donation Pick-Up – Experience driving a box truck is helpful
- Donation Drop-Off Assistance
Home Repair & Construction
Age Requirement: Must be 18 or over
There are a limited number of days available each build season for volunteers to work on a construction project. Please choose an additional area of interest so that you can maximize your impact with HabitatMCTX
Before working on a Habitat construction site, volunteers must view the Volunteer Safety Course.
Please note that we typically schedule groups at least 60 days in advance. Our sponsoring groups are given scheduling priority as it is those who provide both financial support and volunteer time that allow us to build affordable homes.